Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Taj Mahal



I had the opportunity to visit one of the World's most famous and dare I say most beautiful buildings...The Taj Mahal.  It was absolutely breathtaking!!!! It's perfect proportions and exquisite craftsmanship have been described as a "vision, a dream, a poem, and a wonder...".  Someone can not travel to India six times and not go (you know who you are .....  )



My colleague Pat and I drove 4.5 hours on Saturday night and woke up for the sunrise viewing.  The light, colors, crowds and also the heat were very accomodating and it was a perfect time to visit.



The Taj is located is on the East Bank of the River Yamunna.  Not the most picturesque river and on the day we visited it was very low and filled with roaming animals.



You had to put on slippers when walking around the tomb....this is Kerry in front of a mosaic marble rug...which there are many on the inside and outside of the building.



Not exactly the famous "Princess Diana" photo, but here I am in front of the Taj...at about 6:30 am.



Look at the right glass.....share my view with me.  ;-)




We also went to other tourist spots, including the Agra Fort and met some school children.  Beautiful colors and smiles.



Some more friends.....3 generations of Sikhs....one has to love the colors of their turbons and they were very kind to allow me to take their photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment