Friday, November 6, 2009

Diwali - A Colourful Celebration

Amongst firecracker, illuminated oil lamps, sweets being exchanged - Diwali - the arrival of Lord Rama's return after 14 years of exile was celebrated on October 17th and as I found out - is a huge fanfare in India. My team celebrated with floor and bay decorations, competitive Bingo, and lovely Indian food.

"Lord Rama" as a floor decoration - this was a true team effort - it took them two hours to do.  Flowers, coloured rice and other spices were used.  Impressive!


The above art was called the "Family" - including food, candles, and symbols which reflect peace, symmetry, birth and death. This was my favorite! I was tempted to eat the fruit, but I did refrain (u proud of me DJW?)



The Jeannie gave me one wish - World Peace? Feeding the Children? Cure for a specific terrible diseases? Or......?? Well let's just say that my wish has not come true yet...but I know it will.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment