Friday, September 11, 2009

The Moonsoon - another experience??

Both Gurgaon and Delhi reeled over the second wettest day of the year, with the monsoon tail just hitting.  It rained from 2:30 am until 8:30 pm. The roads were watelogged and full with traffic jams, pot holes and lots of floating material. (hmm....)
My driver Balwant, who lives in Delhi, was unable to reach me so I had to get to work through other modes of transportation.  See below.  (just kidding). It took many of my colleagues 4-5 hours to get to work (dedicated team) and we put 40 people up in hotel rooms so that they did not have to experience the traffic challenges as the rains did not subside.

As one point, the water was waist high on the streets. I was late in taking out my camera but what this pictures does not show is the children that were swimming down stream on the tires.  It also does not show the water coming into the car...........not a good day not to have the wellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment