Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Visit to the Neermana Fort Hotel





The Neemrana Hotel is a 15th Century fort turned into a luxurious hotel. It is set amongst the hills, half ways between Delhi and Jaipur in the midst of the desert. The rooms all have different themes and come in vibrant India colours and shapes with furniture from the period. My deck overlooked the village below and I could see families gather in their "courtyards" for dinner and prayer (very vocal chanting). It is a very simple, peaceful yet luxurious place. Of course if view were many animals including cows, monkeys, birds and more birds and pigs.
We had a bank holiday on the 30th of August so Balwant dropped me off on the Sunday after church and picked me up on Monday afternoon. The best part being at the hotel was of course sitting by the pool, reading books and magazine. The Indian version of "People" Magazine and the India version of "Money" make fascinating reading. I have read six books since my arrival to India - some books on Indian business, maybe a Danielle Steele and James Patterson and how about Eat, Pray and Love ?? which has become my "motto" for the year! (Julia Roberts in in India as we speak filming the movie).
This is considered a 5 Star Hotel, but the shower facilities were a bit ancient. Actually, I really enjoyed the "bucket" experience and sitting on the stone bench. It only took me a half hour to figure out how to turn on hot water, but I will get there!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
    parc esta eunosville

    ReplyDelete